Gavi DOCG Pisé 2016
The best expression of the farm’s philosophy. It surprises for its longevity and and its nose evolution during the first days after opening: a continuous discovery of scents which are released in time.
€126,00 VAT included
La Cascinetta vineyard, among the oldest of La Raia, is located approximately 400 metres above sea level on a sout, southwest exposed promontory, particu- larly suited for farming of the indigenous Cortese vine variety. The well-drained, sandy and loose soil limits the vegetative vigour, the vine’s production and it al- lows obtaining extraordinary quality grapes. As for the biodynamic principles the vineyards are only treated with moderate quantities of sulphur and copper. The cure of the soil aims to the best microbiological and nutritional balance, granting a deep fertility.
The grapes present a good aromatic complement, an important sugar and acidity and conditions necessary to produce a great white wine of remarkable pleasantness.
Grapes are selected on the branch and handpicked after the second half of September, before undertaking a soft pressing. The static decantation of the must is done without any oenological additives and happens at a low temperature. The moderate contact with the oxygen and the care devoted to all the transformation phases exalt the original features of the vine and the terroir. The alcoholic fermentation lasts approximately 20/25 days, at a controlled temperature. The wine is left on native yeasts in stainless steel tanks for 20 months before being cold stabilized and then bottled. The prolonged period on the lees makes this wine long-lived, and able to evolve even when uncorked and again in the glass.
Evolution after uncorking
Once the bottle is opened the wine will preserve for 4/5 days. During this period of time we can notice a very slow evolution, passing from fruity and floral notes to mineral and citrus notes.
Colour: brilliant light straw yellow, with slight greenish hints.
Aroma: broad and intense, with complex feelings and flower notes, accompanied by ripe fruit, pear and honey.
Mouth feel: very rich, warm and harmonic, with a moderate, but present, acidity, justly savoury and with a persistent, warm finish.
Alcohol content: 13,5%
Excellent with all seafood, which compliments its saltiness and fleshy delicacy. It is the perfect match also for vegetable risotto and medium aged cheese.
Best served: Between 11° and 13° C.
If stored in a cool dry place, and in the dark, at 10°/18° C, bottles keep unaltered for 6/8 years.
- Bibenda 2018: four grapes
- Go Wine. Cantine d’Italia 2018, Top wine
- Slow Wine 2017: Typical almond finish
- Bibenda 2017: four grapes
- Vini d’Italia 2017, Le Guide de L’Espresso: The sip beats by the double track of intensiveness and agreableness
- I vini di Veronelli 2017: Two stars
- Vinibuoni d’Italia 2017: Three stars
- Gambero Rosso 2017: 2 red glasses
- Vitae. La guida vini 2017: Great profile wine
- Cantine d’Italia 2017: Top wine
- I Vini di Veronelli 2016: 2 stars
- I vini d’Italia 2015, le Guide de L’Espresso: Wine of excellence. First in the denomination ranking
- Bibenda 2015: Four grapes
- Guida Essenziale ai Vini d’Italia: 90/100
- Gambero Rosso 2015: Two glasses
- Vini buoni d’Italia 2015: Two stars
- I vini d’Italia 2014, Le Guide de L’Espresso: Wineof excellence, first in the denomination ranking
- I vini di Veronelli 2014: Excellent wine
- Tre bicchieri 2014 Gambero Rosso:Two glasses
- Bibenda 2014:Four grapes
- Annuario dei migliori vini italiani 2014: 84/100
- I vini buoni d’Italia 2014: Four stars